Anyway, I got to Dundee at noon and Trey and I ate KFC and it was pretty good. We then went to primark to buy a new scarf and i also bought a cute pair of shoes all for 4.50. We got back to his room and hung out for a bit. We got a phone call from the timberbush tours saying that our tour to the Rosslyn Chapel had been cancelled and that there were 2 other tours that were going, one to loch ness and one to oban. we decided on oban since i had just been to loch ness. we were quite upset about that happening, but oh well. We also booked our trip to Shetland islands the weekend of march 5-8. We got a cute little bed and breakfast that we're going to stay in. We looked into going to Barcelona, because I would LOVE to find a sun and 60 degree weather, but it didn't work into our budget right now... maybe in May, when it's super hot. We then booked a trip to Dublin for March 12-14. We then checked out a bunch of tours for other weekends or day trips for us to go on. That night, I finally got to meet his friends. I really enjoyed them. They were difficult to understand but were funny. There was one that I'm not fond of, but I don't have to hang out with them, it's Trey who does.
Monday was a long but good day. We got up at 4 to get ready and head to our bus at 5. We pulled out at 6 and left for Edinburgh. We had to change buses at Perth and then got into Edinburgh around 8. We found a McDonalds and got breakfast and headed to where we were to meet our tour bus. We looked at the castle some because they were beside each other. Our tour bus got there around 9:15 and we met 3 people from France, 2 from Germany and a girl from Austria. Our driver was Alli, and he was really cool. He told us a bunch of interesting stories about Edinburgh. Like how they used to have to pay a window tax so people put up boards to cover them so they wouldn't have to pay it. We also passed by Murrayfield which is where Scotland plays Rugby, it was kinda funny because it only holds about 67,000 people. We passed by Stirling Castle and Wallace monument. We passed by several castles and I tried to get pictures, but he was definitely driving super fast. Our first stop was Duone Castle, which was where Monty Python was filmed.
In the Highlands, they still speak Gaelic. Every single road sign there had both gaelic and english written on it.
As we headed towards Oban, we passed by the Atlantic Ocean. Oban was a cute town. It was a fishing community. Apparently, some dude wanted to build a roman colliseum and he died before it was finished, so they never finished it. I wish I could remember the exact word, but the name of it is gaelic and means unneccessary or something like that. Trey and I got fish and chips that were pretty good. We had to pay to use the bathroom, which I find ridiculous.
After we went to Dunstaffnage Castle. It's supposed to be haunted. Alli told us that a couple of Americans paid to go in and they saw children dancing and asked why they were there and the lady at the ticket office said there werent any children here that day...
Inverary castle was amazing. Although it's not the original castle... the last duke wanted to build one that was more for show of money than for protection. It resembles a French Chateau. The Duke actually still lives there with his family, we didn't get to tour it because it was closed but that's okay. We took another bathroom/ coffee stop and Trey and I got an Irn Brew and some candy to keep us awake.
Our next stop was at a rest stop called Rest and Be Thankful. It had amazing views of a valley and some mountains.
After we went to Loch Lommond. It's the biggest body of water in Scotland, I do believe. The sunset was reflecting into the loch and it was absolutely breathtaking.
On the way back to Edinburgh, the bus played a game to win a mini bottle of whisky. Alli had 17 songs from movies and we had to guess what movie they were from. Trey and I played together and we totally won. We got 6 songs right... most of the songs were from movies in the 80s so that's why.
Since our first tour got cancelled, we had to buy a new bus ticket. We got back at 7:30 and our next bus back home didn't leave until around 8:45 or so. We had McDonald's for dinner and just hung out until we had to head to the bus station. Luckily, Trey got to ride with me until we hit Dundee and then I switched buses and then headed to Aberdeen. I didn't get back till midnight and I took a taxi back to Hillhead.
Classes on Tuesday were good. I have no class today and the weather is super yucky out. I was supposed to get my fridge today, but Stacey forgot the chord for it, so I'm not sure when I'll be getting one. I really just want to stay in my room all day and do homework and relax because the weather is so gross.

No comments:
Post a Comment