Friday: I didn't have class until 2. So I slept in, which was REALLY nice. I woke up to snow, so that kinda stunk, but it wasn't so bad.
Friday night: Rob invited us to go out but he didn't know where he was going, so we kinda just decided to leave and go wherever. When we got on the bus, some girl gave us a discount card to Tiger Tiger. So we decided to go there. It was a 2 pound entry fee and had cheap drinks all night. I had my first shot, it tasted like black licorice and started with an S. I also got a vodka cranberry. But that was it for the night. We got there at like 10:50 because it was cheaper before 11. We kinda hung out until the downstairs portion opened around midnight. Downstairs was where everyone was, it was more of the dance club we had been looking for. Colleen, Suzanne and I went out there and started dancing. There were a lot of interesting characters out there, like a bunch of gay guys and lots of slutty girls. I ended up dancing with some random guy, which was interesting to say the least. I left before things could get any more awkward than they were getting. Before we left, a group of guys tried to start dancing with us. I probably would have stayed had we not had to get up at 7 am and it was already 1:15. We ended up walking back because we didn't want to wait for the bus, but the bus caught up with us and so we got on it for free. I love that bus driver.
Saturday: I didn't get to bed until 3, but that was okay because I got like 3 hours to sleep on the bus ride. We got there around 11:30 and got to explore the Urquhart Castle, which was super pretty with the mountains and all. We then did about a 30 minute boat tour. I didn't see Nessie, but they did do a little story telling during it explaining all of the popularity that Nessie has gotten over the years. The view there was absolutely amazing. We then went into a gift shop and left at 1:30 for a place called Baxter's soup village. It was an hour bus ride and we spent 2 hours there. It was interesting, but definitely wasn't worth spending 2 hours there. We tried some of their soup (potato and leek was what I had) and then went into their museum/store. They had a bunch of tasters and I really liked their salsa that they had. I was tempted to buy some kind of chutney to take back home but I didn't know how well that would have played out. We watched Cool Runnings, which I had never seen before. We didn't get to finish it because we arrived back to Hillhead at 6:25, 5 minutes before dinner ended. So we sprinted downstairs and got our dinner, thankfully. I had macaroni and cheese (not as good as moms, but oh well) and chips. I have updated facebook with pictures and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm slightly exhausted and I know that the next 2 days will be long days as well because I'm going to Dundee tomorrow morning and then Edinburgh Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment