We danced some more, like some two step which I did with Rebecca, we were totally rocking it. At the end they played Auld Lang Syne and we did this awesome dance and a train and it was just really fun. Tonight was definitely enjoyable. Hopefully, I can go to one where there are bagpipes and a bigger area to dance in.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
ceilidh
So a ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) is a Scottish dance, where haggis and potatoes are served, whiskey of course and cookies and some sort of pudding. When we finally got there, after walking around creepy Seaton Park at night... we stood in line for a shot of whiskey, irn bru, and a shortbread cookie. The whiskey was more like a shot, it was SO strong, and definitely overwhelmind. It left an awful aftertaste. I really like the Irn Bru and I definitely liked the cookie. They started dancing in the room next door so we went over and danced. It was just like contradancing/ square dancing. It was so much fun! I met a kid named Oleg, don't know where he was from, a kid from Germany and I don't remember nor would I have been able to spell his name. Some of the guys were wearing Kilts, it was pretty sweet. After some dancing we went and had some haggis (sheep heart, liver, intestine, stomach... basically anything you dont want to think about eating from a sheep), and some sort of potato. The haggis was really spicey but it was pretty good with the potato. The dessert was some kind of alcohol rasberry pudding?! It burned my throat haha. 

We danced some more, like some two step which I did with Rebecca, we were totally rocking it. At the end they played Auld Lang Syne and we did this awesome dance and a train and it was just really fun. Tonight was definitely enjoyable. Hopefully, I can go to one where there are bagpipes and a bigger area to dance in.
too bad he's not looking :(
We danced some more, like some two step which I did with Rebecca, we were totally rocking it. At the end they played Auld Lang Syne and we did this awesome dance and a train and it was just really fun. Tonight was definitely enjoyable. Hopefully, I can go to one where there are bagpipes and a bigger area to dance in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment