Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend in Dundee

Thursday night...
I played beer bong for the first time. It was tons of fun. I was pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. We only played for about an hour because they lock the tv room at midnight.

Friday...
Stacey came and picked me up and we went to Starbucks and had hot chocolate before I left for Dundee. She took me to the bus station and I got on the bus around 4:30. We got stuck in a lot of traffic so it took about 30 minutes extra to get to Dundee. I listened to music and looked at the scenery until it got darks. The sunset was really pretty because it was orange and purple and was setting behind mountains. When I got into Dundee, Trey was there waiting for me and we walked to his dorm. When we got to his room 45 minutes later, he had my valentine's present on the bed. I unpacked some and we made pasta for dinner. It was pretty good, the kitchen however was absolutely disgusting. We went to a martini bar downtown that Trey liked but they were full so we went to Drouthy's and had a Koppaburg, which was pretty good. That was pretty much it for that night.

Saturday...
We figured out the bus system and made our way to Broughty's Castle after we had pouridge for breakfast. We didn't know where to get off, so we had to walk a little ways to get to the castle. It wasn't as impressive as the Dunnottar Castle, but it was a castle regardless. We got to go inside and look at the museum. After, we went to the Fisherman's Pub and had a cheeseburger and watched Scotland vs Wales rugby. Scotland was doing pretty good, but apparently they lost anyway... :-(
We waited for the bus and headed back into Dundee. We went to a cute souvenior shop and we bought a Scottish flag and some other touristy things. We also went to a second hand store and looked around and we also got ice cream from a cute ice cream parlor. Saturday night we went on our Valentine's date to Madina's and had a pizza. We went back to the room and had some wine and watched Kung Fu Panda.

Sunday...
We got up and made a picnic of tuna salad sandwich, cheese and crackers, some raisen bars and then chips. We made our way to Dundee Law and in the process saw another castle... not sure if you can consider that a castle, but whatever. And hiked the law. It was a super pretty view from up there and the hike was fun. It rained on us a little bit but it wasn't so bad. After our hike and picnic, we stopped at a mall and bought Trey some tacks so he could put stuff on his wall and went back to his room.
We planned a couple more trips and then I left on a train to head back to Aberdeen. I met up with the girls when I got there and I got McDonald's for dinner and then unpacked.



I had a fun weekend with Trey, but I'm not going to lie... I am disappointed in Dundee. It was a smaller than Aberdeen and it seemed for commercialized and modern, which bothered me because I like the older look of Aberdeen. I was also upset because I didn't get to meet many of his friends. They all seemed to have been in hiding that weekend. I mean all Trey talks about is how crazy and fun his friends are and how awesome Dundee's parties are and how cheap the drinks are.... but I experienced none of that... so it was disappointing.

This is Sledgehammer. It's the cat that hangs out at Trey's flat and it's the cutest thing, second to Oscar of course.

I finally switched out of the Philosophy class and into a Music class with a lecture on Tuesday and a Tutorial on Friday's which isn't so bad. I probably will need to do laundry this week :(

I'm going to Loch Ness on Saturday for a day trip with the international society. Then Sunday I'm going back to Dundee and then Monday, Trey and I are going to Edinburgh and going to do a bus tour. http://www.timberbush-tours.co.uk/edinburgh_tours/one_day/rosslyn_chapel.html that's the link of what we're doing

No comments:

Post a Comment