This blog is coming way too late, but this is the only free time I have. And I only have about 30 minutes before I peace out to Shetland for the weekend.
Our bus was a little bit late coming into Aberdeen because of snow. And then half the group didn't even realize it was our bus. Psh, they need to listen to me, I'm the queen of traveling. Anyway, when we arrived in Dundee, we had to switch buses and finally I got to see Trey. We got to Edinburgh about 30 minutes late and it was pouring down rain. So we checked into Brodies Hostel. We tried to do a ghost tour but by the time everyone had checked in it was too late. So we went to pubs instead. Trey, Liz and I partied with some 50 year old man for his birthday, it was loads of fun. Saturday we did a free tour that lasted 3 hours. We learned a lot of interesting stuff about Edinburgh (check out the pictures on facebook, it has a bunch of explanations). After that Trey and I did the Scotch Whisky experience, which was loads of fun. I do not like whisky by itself, but I don't mind it in coke. We then walked down Royal Mile and saw a bunch of little historical places. That night we ate at the Bank Hotel (3.50 for dinner) and it was pretty good, I had mashed potatoes and a roast. We then did a pub crawl were we had 3 shots, a pint, whisky coke, vodka coke, vk, jaggerbomb and lots of laughs. We also went into Frankensteins which was a lot of fun! We also went to espionage, but it was way too crowded. That night when we got back to the hostel every bed was full, so that kind of sucked so we had to be super quiet while getting ready and stuff. Also, the room next door had a huge party untul about 4 am and kept Trey and I up. So we got maybe 3 hours of sleep. One of the guys from the party was so drunk he fell down 3 flights of stairs, sucks to be him. We had breakfast on Sunday and went to the castle. The rest of the group didn't go, but that is their fault. The castle was really cool. It was really windy and snowy but that didn't stop us from experiencing it. Pictures are also up on facebook. We then went to that National Museum of Scotland and it was interesting to see all the history of Scotland and everything that they have gone through. It was definitely worth 5 hours. At that point it was almost time to leave, so we met up with the group at the bus station. There were several things that I didn't get to do like hike arthurs seat hike, do a ghost tour and visit palace of hollyrood house which is where the queen lives when she comes here. OH at the castle, I did get to see the crown jewels (some stupid american college student was like are those real?!)
Classes have been good this week. This week has gone by so freakin slow. But I'm off to Shetland until Tuesday. Then Tuesday night I'm going to Dundee with Liz to party, Wednesday we're going to St. Andrews. Thursday is Liz's 21st birthday and Friday I'm going to Dublin for the weekend. Can we say busy?!?!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment