Today... we had orientation at 9:30 on campus. I was up at 8:30 for that. Molly Prather kinda explained what was going on today and all that jazz. We went to the Hub and had tea and coffee and talked with other students. We all got a bus ticket for the Aberdeen bus tour tomorrow. I finally met Clair and Sydney from Clemson, so I talked to them and got to know them some because we came back to our rooms before our registration time. I took about a 45 minute nap and skyped with mom and Trey. We then left for our registration. The way they register here was definitely confusing, I definitely like Clemson so much better. I am currently signed up for 4 classes. Anatomy 2, Knowledge and Mind, Intro to the Gospels, and Sociology 2. I'm not sure if the soc class will transfer to Clemson... so I gotta check on that. But I figured out my schedule and I will have a lab for Anatomy on Monday's for about 4 or 5 weeks out of the semester, all my classes on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and then one on friday. I haven't signed up for my lab or my tutorials or anything. Hopefully I'll get that soon. I feel way better now that I have my classes figured out and now I know when Trey will get here and all that jazz! I'm going out tonight. Don't know what I'm doing yet.. so I'll get back to you on that!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
got my bedding!
So, I finally got my bedding around 10 or 11 last night. But before that... We met several other international students. Liz from Washington state, Connie from Illinois, Susan from Illinois, Katie from Wisconsin and Colleen from Illinois. So we all hung out and tried to figure out what we wanted for dinner. We went to the shop and the hillhead centre but they didn't have much that I was interested in. So we decided to order a pizza. We tried Pizza Hut, but they didn't deliver. So we ordered online at Heavenly Pizza... We found a deal for 2 pizzas for 10 pounds. We then went to the tv lounge in Adam Smith house and waited for the pizza. While we were waiting, Rob, a first year, came in to talk to us. He was really nice and told us about classes and the party scene here. He then had 5 friends join him, so we all hung out and talked. It was pretty cool. Two hours later our pizza finally showed up. Apparently, the snow slowed them down. So the guy gave us 2 medium size pizzas for free! We ate our pizza and then gave the rest to the guys. By that time it was 9 so we decided to go shower and just hang out. There was a big party in the Watering Hole which is their pub/club at Hillhead. But I was tired and wanted to decorate my room. I came up to my room and talked to Caitlin, my neighbor who had a friend from Edinburgh up. So she gave me some more stuff to decorate my room with. She also invited us out for tonight. Around 11, my bedding arrived to my room and I made my bed and hung up pictures and added some life to this room.
I skyped with my parents and Trey before I went to bed. I got into bed around 1... but it took me FOREVER to fall asleep... which sucked. I think I finally got to sleep around 3. I hope tonight is a better rest.
Today... we had orientation at 9:30 on campus. I was up at 8:30 for that. Molly Prather kinda explained what was going on today and all that jazz. We went to the Hub and had tea and coffee and talked with other students. We all got a bus ticket for the Aberdeen bus tour tomorrow. I finally met Clair and Sydney from Clemson, so I talked to them and got to know them some because we came back to our rooms before our registration time. I took about a 45 minute nap and skyped with mom and Trey. We then left for our registration. The way they register here was definitely confusing, I definitely like Clemson so much better. I am currently signed up for 4 classes. Anatomy 2, Knowledge and Mind, Intro to the Gospels, and Sociology 2. I'm not sure if the soc class will transfer to Clemson... so I gotta check on that. But I figured out my schedule and I will have a lab for Anatomy on Monday's for about 4 or 5 weeks out of the semester, all my classes on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and then one on friday. I haven't signed up for my lab or my tutorials or anything. Hopefully I'll get that soon. I feel way better now that I have my classes figured out and now I know when Trey will get here and all that jazz! I'm going out tonight. Don't know what I'm doing yet.. so I'll get back to you on that!
Today... we had orientation at 9:30 on campus. I was up at 8:30 for that. Molly Prather kinda explained what was going on today and all that jazz. We went to the Hub and had tea and coffee and talked with other students. We all got a bus ticket for the Aberdeen bus tour tomorrow. I finally met Clair and Sydney from Clemson, so I talked to them and got to know them some because we came back to our rooms before our registration time. I took about a 45 minute nap and skyped with mom and Trey. We then left for our registration. The way they register here was definitely confusing, I definitely like Clemson so much better. I am currently signed up for 4 classes. Anatomy 2, Knowledge and Mind, Intro to the Gospels, and Sociology 2. I'm not sure if the soc class will transfer to Clemson... so I gotta check on that. But I figured out my schedule and I will have a lab for Anatomy on Monday's for about 4 or 5 weeks out of the semester, all my classes on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and then one on friday. I haven't signed up for my lab or my tutorials or anything. Hopefully I'll get that soon. I feel way better now that I have my classes figured out and now I know when Trey will get here and all that jazz! I'm going out tonight. Don't know what I'm doing yet.. so I'll get back to you on that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment