It was quite an adventure home to say the least. I can't wait to go back to Europe one day and see different places in Germany and France and then to go to Spain. For now, I think I need to spend my last month and few days seeing the rest of the country I've called home for the last 5 months.
I can't wait to go home and it will be so nice to be back on American soil, but it is also sad to think about leaving here and how I'm so used to seeing all the people I've seen here everyday and how I've grown accustomed to being in a completely different culture. I am very surprised with myself that I actually did this and proud at the same time. This was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my 20 years. It has helped a lot that Trey has been here and that the girls that I live with are experiencing this as well.
I love Aberdeen, it's such a beautiful city and it's been my actual home, where I sleep and eat most of the time but Dundee is definitely more of my home because I feel more at home with the people there. That's probably the big reason why I spend most of my weekends in Dundee and I go down on Tuesday nights to go out with Trey's flatmates because they make Scotland more home than anyone in Aberdeen ever can. I'm not sure if they read my blog at all, but I will just say how special and unforgetable they've made this experience for Trey and I. Although I didn't exactly live with them, they took Trey in and when I'm down there, they take me too and it just means a lot to me. I seriously don't know what this experience would have been like had Trey not lived in West Park. So if you are from Dundee and you are reading this, thanks for taking me in and making me feel like family and I've seriously enjoyed every moment I have spent with you guys.
As for the rest of the semester... last week I had 2 papers due... one on monday for divinity and one on friday for music. Both were turned in on time. I got a 16 (which is a B+) on my sociology essay. Friday night, I went to Stacey's apartment for an Ann Summers party, then to the Bobbin for drinks, Number 7 then Liquid. Liquid was crap, but I had fun on my first night out in Aberdeen. Saturday and Sunday I didn't do much. This week I have a midterm in Anatomy on Wednesday. I might be going out one day this week with the flatmates. I will be heading to Dundee this coming weekend (mainly because I miss home and Trey helps me not miss it as much and he has an exam next Tuesday and doesn't really wanna leave Dundee). I have 2 more weeks of classes left (PRAISE THE LORD). My bathroom and kitchen on my floor will open on Wednesday (WOO) and then after the midterm the only other thing is a presentation for music on May 14. I have 3 finals, may 24 Divinity, May 25 sociology and June 1st anatomy.
May 7-9 Dundee for the weekend
May 11 Dundee for the last Skint most likely
May 14-21 is my week of revision and I will be in Dundee
May 16 Trey and I are going to Rosslyn Chapel and stuff for a day trip
also that week I'll probably go to Edinburgh to hike Arthur's Seat
May 23-June 1st Trey's family is coming and I am going to try to meet them after my exams to go to Isle of Skye and such
Trey also moves in with me on the 22nd of May
June 2- Wes should be arriving and we'll be hanging out with him from then to the 11
June 12 HOME
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Heather,
ReplyDeleteJust thought I'd let you know that I've been reading your blog, found it interesting to hear about Scotland from a different perspective. And enjoyed your thoughts on the European travels also. I can't imagine being so far away from home for so long so well done to you for sticking it out.
We didn't really spend much time together but it was cool having you Americans around and its nice of you to say we made Trey and yourself feel welcome :)
I'll probably see you again before you leave but if not then i hope everything works out well for you :)
x