So classes are done, exams are done. They went well, and they're over now so that's all that matters. My first exam was divinity, I had to write 2 short answers and 1 essay. My 2nd was sociology, 3 essays and my last one was anatomy/physiology 100 mc questions. That one was by far my hardest. I'm not sure when I'll be finding out my grades
Last week, I spent the week traveling with Trey's family. We went to Isle of Skye, Isle of Mull/Iona/Staffa, Fort William and drove a lot. The countryside in Scotland is the most beautiful countryside ever. It was a great way to spend my last trip in Scotland just seeing the country that I've called home for 5 months. The drive to Isle of Skye was beautiful. I got to see the Eilean Donan castle finally, absolutely breathtaking. While we were there a fighter plane flew between the mountains. SO COOL! We stayed in Kyle of Lochalsh, saw 2 double rainbows. Went to Skye Thursday morning. Stayed in a really cute bed and breakfast in Portree. We went around both tip corners of Skye, my favorite was the Uig bit, SO BEAUTIFUL. The Dunvegan bit was pretty, but not as pretty... Friday morning we made our way to Isle of Mull. We got on 2 different ferries to get across. Trey and I played Cluedo on one of them. Isle of Mull was pretty. We ended up staying in a B&B with a very needy cat that loved Trey's bunk bed and went to Iona (where Christianity started in Scotland) and Staffa where i finally saw PUFFINS! Not as close up as i wanted too, but they were flying around and they were precious! Saturday after we did Iona and Mull, we made our way to Fort William. Fort William was so pretty! I would love to go back and visit there again. Sunday, we made our way back to Aberdeen. We passed by Ben Nevis but it was too cloudy to see all of it :-( I was sleeping most of the drive, but what I did see near Loch Ness, the forests were wonderful. We stopped at some falls and hiked down to them, they were pretty as well. We made it back to Aberdeen on Sunday afternoon.
Yesterday, I sent Trey off on his last megabus ride to Edinburgh, where he spent the night at the airport and now he has made it to London. His flight leaves out in about an hour to leave for Dallas. It's a 9 hour flight. He'll make it back to SC around 10 tonight, 4 am tomorrow morning. Which is about when i'll be getting up to get a taxi and head to the airport myself.
This has been beyond one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I have laughed, I have cried, I have been scared and nervous, I have been reminded of the wonders of God's beauty, I have made life long friends, I have lived. I want to thank everyone who has played a role in this experience for making it amazing. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity, I have truly grown as an individual and I have enjoyed every minute that I have been here in Scotland and Europe. I am beyond thrilled to get home and be with all of my family and friends but I am still sad that I have to leave. I am bidding Aberdeen, Scotland, Irn Bru, Haribo, haggis, and many other Scottish things goodbye today. Until we meet again!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment