Yesterday, I took a trip to the Immigration Center in Charleston to get my fingerprints and a photograph taken. We had to get wanded and patted down and everything else, just for fingerprints. Dad had his boyscout knife (dullest thing ever) and he had to leave to put it in the car. But once we got in, my dad and mom, Trey and I were seriously the only white people there in a room of about 15. Ridiculous.
Trey is such a blessing because I definitely didn't know how to answer any of my questions on the rest of my application. But he figured it out and we knocked it out in 30 minutes. I had to write several letters and go to the bank to get a statement and then I mailed it today. The British Consulate will be receiving in next week and I will hopefully get in a couple of weeks after that.
In Europe news: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1949260,00.html
Hopefully, the Eurostar will be up and running by the time we get there because this would be a very efficient way to get around over there.
And.. I was looking through the travel books that Trey has and within 40 km of Aberdeen are 4 distilleries and like 7 castles. I am so freakin excited!
Merry Christmas all :)
34 days!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

When you go into any government buildings in Charleston, it's not just old Boy Scout knives-they don't allow fingernail clippers with the files attached, tweezers or metal nail files either.
ReplyDelete